Friday, April 13, 2012

He is risen

Oh my goodness! Easter was a celebration.  The songs from Divine Liturgy still echo in my head and make me smile.  We stayed with our Church family for the whole day, and it was so fitting to celebrate our risen savior with them.

Chris will be returning today from a trip to Washington DC. He was there to attend an orientation for Diocesan Family life ministers.  He stayed with the Franciscan friers and attended talks and discussions. With each call home he had something new to tell me.  I delight in being the person he thinks of when he hears something great and wants to share that feeling.  I imagine that is how our Lord sees us.  When we see a beautiful sunset or feel a nice breeze and we lift our thoughts to heaven and say Thank You.

This morning I spent my prayer time reflecting on how much has been forgiven of me.  It helps me to feel humbled to reflect back on my life and know that God not only forgives me for my failings and loves me anyway, he continually blesses me and protects me above and beyond. I think of my little Jake. Jacob is my 3 year old, he is often excitable and aggressive and tends toward the naughty.  (He is sweet and loving too) I have noticed when I punish him he doesn't turn away from me but instead throws himself in my arms.  It makes me feel good to know that even when I have to be harsh to teach him something important, that he knows he is safe and loved in my arms, that I am Mommy.  How beautiful, this is a reflection of Our Father God.  I often tell Jesus in my heart that I will not let go of Him, even when life sends me difficulties, or my own choices do not reflect the daughter of God that I am. I will still cling to him because there is no where better to be than in His arms. 

Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.   John 6:68


We have a big decision to make regarding our Children, please pray for God to show us his beautiful will for their lives.





No comments:

Post a Comment