Sunday, July 3, 2011

Making memories

We spent yesterday at a lake with another family whom we enjoy spending time with.  They are very unassuming people, they have a calming presence even though they have 5 littles. Our children get along so well and use their imaginations.  G and her little friend were Peter and Wendy. The boys talked extensively to a man with a jet ski. We grilled out.  There were no grills available so a very nice and very animated black lady offered us her grill with this statement "Rachel Ray ain't go nothin on me!" We swam and the men even fished for a little. It got so very hot out and by about 2 we needed to get home.
We came home ,rested, then I took the older kids to mass (C will go today) after mass we  watched a movie.  Today hubby is at work for the morning. He should be home at 3 and I hope to make spaghetti squash for the first time.  I need to read about it a bit.  I also need to clean the pool and more urgently I need to change J's stinky diaper :) 

2nd trimester seems to be inching in.  I feel better and I have an all around better attitude.  I do feel bad though that with poor health comes a tendency to baby myself and a fowl mood for me and not a growth and holiness and an recognition of an opportunity for sacrifice. :(  Today is the day I get control of the overeating that I like to do during pregnancy.  I know that when the baby is born if I am carrying tons of extra weight I will not have a healthy mind set. Lord help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment