Wednesday, February 1, 2012

French Press

I ordered a (pretty cheaply made) French Press, coffee press, off of Amazon.  I have to coarsely grind beans, boil water, pour, stir, wait, wait more, press...and then I can have coffee- with more time and effort than our Automatic coffee maker.  I LOVE IT.  It is old world to me.  It feels more feminine to very domestically :) work for the coffee.  The coffee is richer and to be truthful, I enjoy it more! It's the little things in life.
After an up and down night with a baby and puking big kids, I am enjoying a cup right now. 

It has been days since Jake has been out of the house (minus carpool pick up) He is potty training and not really on the Potty train willingly, but he would FIGHT me at Diaper changing time and he is getting big, I know he is capable of doing it.  So we have locked our selves up in our house with no pants on (Him, I am wearing pants as usual) so today we begin again, I know it will click, this is after all the 4th time I have encouraged toilet training and the 3 before him are using modern pluming with ease :)

Chris spoke last night at the parents meeting for MSM.  He talked about how the Church needs heroes, and it is us and the children we are raising who are going to be the heroes that stand up in this world that is going increasingly in the opposite direction...  I look at the day to day, messes, sleepless nights, disordered family prayer in the evenings, and it is easy to not see the "forest" for all the Trees of daily life in my way...but today I woke up, and talked to My Lord, and I am going to commit to my vocation of love.  Even if this day doesn't look like "Christian Solder Boot Camp", I know that all the fanny wipes,  tears kissed away, and little lessons on sharing are creating the Heroes we need!  I will hand the rest over to Jesus.  I meant to tie in the coffee press and the raising of children, but the baby is crying and I will let that go...  I will have peace, and coffee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment