Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Little things

Last week I had a lunch date with my sweet friend Milissa.  We ate fast food and chatted about a few things, none of them world changing, but it fills my soul to spend time with fellow women.  Especially one seeking holiness so diligently.  
After Liturgy on Sunday we picked up some Carnitas and headed over to the Home of some friends, the children played outside and our families along with a couple other friends from church chatted and ate and enjoyed fellowship.  I know I say it all the time, but I love our Church.  I love the Eastern perspective of Catholicism.  The East is the Mother, while the West is the Father.  I see so much how this is true.  The nurturing of the East has called me on so much in my relationship with my Lord, fellow humans, and in peace.
 I have ordered a book called  The way of the Pilgrim.  By "The Monk of the East"  I am excited to read it.  It begins "By the Grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds I am a sinner, and by my calling I am a homeless wander of humblest origin."  When he says the word "Christian"  it is in such a pure way.  No political undertones or denominational worries.  No fingers pointed, only at his sinful self with humility.
I got to drive Grace alone in carpool this morning (Isaac is sick, poor guy). It was nice in the cool of the morning to talk with her, she is so gentile and beautiful inside and out. I must include that,  a kind soul, that we have the pleasure of being friends with, said "I admire Grace's Meekness" this warmed my heart! 
Since our newest little flower needs so much attention and the other 4 desire it so much, the moments I waste are moments that are stolen from my children.  The biggest burden on my heart as the mother of a set of 5 souls is if I can sufficiently give the, eye contact, gentile touches, heart to heart talks, and enthusiasm for the things they are excited about, as they need it.  I just have to make sure I take the chance when I can to get down on their eye level and tell them they are special.

No comments:

Post a Comment